The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Longford Hall Primary School, Windmill Road, Longford, Coventry
Cleaner - Longford Park Primary School
This job has been closed.
What is the job role?
Longford Park Primary School are seeking to appoint a new cleaner to the team. We are a one form entry Primary School which is well maintained by our dedicated site services and cleaning team.
Would you be interested in joining our team?
You will work as part of our cleaning team completing various duties such as;
• Cleaning, washing, mopping, sweeping, buffing, vacuum cleaning of all designated areas.
• Emptying rubbish bins.
• Polishing and dusting of the designated areas.
• Cleaning toilets and shower areas.
• Cleaning windows, fixtures and fittings, using where appropriate powered equipment and cleaning materials according to the agreed procedures.
• Moving furniture and equipment to assist cleaning.
• Obtaining & replenishing onsite consumables such as paper towels, toilet rolls and hand wash dispensers, or other such items as required.
• Open and lock doors as required, collecting and returning keys to Site Services Officer.
• Work in accordance with the School’s Health and Safety policies, procedures and risk assessments, including COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health).
Who are we looking for?
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is;
• Able to clean to the required standard.
• Able to understand and respond to verbal instructions.
• Able to work to varying deadlines.
• Have a reasonable level of fitness to be able to:
o lift and move cleaning equipment and furniture, in accordance with moving and handling procedures
o bend and stretch on a regular basis
o Operate machinery, including the buffing machine
• Able to work without constant supervision.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Able to be flexible when required to support with additional cleaning or training requirements.
Previous experience of cleaning is desirable, but not essential as training will be provided.
The working hours are school term time only which is 38 weeks per year working 2 hours and 30 minutes per day between 15:15 – 17:45. You will be required to attend training as required which at times may be in addition to these working hours.
If you are interested in this position please download and complete the online application returning it by the closing date which is 22/09/2023 at 12:00pm via email or directly to the school office.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Following recommendations from Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) for an additional pre employment check with effect 1 Sept 22, please note, an online search may form part of this recruitment process.