Headteacher - Ravensdale Primary School
This job has been closed.
What is the job role?
We are seeking a headteacher who will…love our children…love our staff…and love our community!
Salary L18 - L24
Are you a dynamic school leader who can nurture, support and inspire our fantastic children and dedicated staff team?
Ravensdale Primary School, situated in eastern Coventry, is a popular, friendly and vibrant school, judged to be ‘Good’ by Ofsted (March 2019). The governors, staff and pupils are looking for a talented, passionate and caring Headteacher who will bring the skills, leadership and ambition to build on the successes of our school, which is truly inclusive, and child centred.
We are well supported by parents/carers and our local community with the pursuit of excellence being key to every decision that we take. Our aim is to develop everyone’s individual talents to their fullest potential by providing a happy and nurturing school environment, promoting high achievement, encouraging broad interest, respect and care for others.
You will offer to:
- Work collaboratively with staff and governors whilst sharing a strategic vision, giving clear leadership and demonstrating compassion, to cultivate a motivated, caring and focused team.
- Ensure that every child is at the centre of every decision in creating a culture of high expectation, safety and support, where all pupils can achieve success and be engaged in their own learning, supported by a curriculum appropriate to their individual needs and abilities.
- Be warm and emotionally mature, with the ability to engage and build strong relationships with all members of our school family: children, parents/carers, staff, governors, other agencies and the wider community.
- Be an inspiring practitioner, with an in-depth knowledge of excellence in primary teaching practice and the creativity, organisation and drive to disseminate innovative teaching and learning strategies throughout the school, developing staff and achieving the best possible outcomes.
- Have substantial leadership experience with a track record of driving improvement, possessing excellent people management skills and the ability to effectively manage school resources, including the school budget.
We can offer you:
- A happy and friendly school family, held in high esteem by parents and the wider local community.
- Children who are well behaved, eager to learn and proud of their school.
- A positive and creative atmosphere where purposeful learning takes place within a caring and inclusive ethos.
- A hard working, highly skilled and enthusiastic group of dedicated staff and supportive governors.
- A school community which is proud of our extracurricular activities, in particular our music provision and our brand new multi-use all-weather games area.
If you believe you possess the qualities to take on this exciting challenge then the Governing Board would be delighted to hear from you.
This role will start on 1st January 2021, or earlier by arrangement
Further particulars are available below or by clicking Apply which will take you to the Council Career Site.
We actively encourage you to visit our school. While social distancing measures are in place, we would like to offer visits and the opportunity to ask questions on an individual basis. In order to facilitate this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the school office on 024 7644 4966.
The closing date for applications is: Monday 6th July 2020 at noon. Interview dates, subject to social distancing guidelines: Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th July 2020.
Ravensdale Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.