The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Sandpits Lane Coventry
Teacher of Computer Science - Cardinal Newman Catholic School
This job has been closed.
Who are we looking for?
Teacher of Computer Science
Required for: January 2024
The governors of this popular, over-subscribed, Catholic school are seeking to appoint a teacher of Computer Science. The successful candidate will join the school at an exciting time as we prepare for the development of a brand new school opening in January 2026.
The school has an excellent reputation, built on strong and longstanding relationships with the local community and beyond. In our recent Section 48 inspection (March 2022) the school was recognised as outstanding:
“Pupils know whom to go to if there is a problem, and they value the strong community spirit. They speak of solid relationships with their tutors and the extended community to which they belong, contributing to excellent behaviour.”
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the capacity to teach Computer Science across all ages and ability ranges.
• Have excellent subject knowledge and be able to deliver an engaging curriculum.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and passion for their subject.
• Have fantastic classroom management and organisation.
• Willing to work as part of a very successful, supportive and friendly team.
• Promote the Catholic ethos of the school.
Cardinal Newman School can offer:
• A well-motivated body of students.
• A friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff.
• CPD programmes to support and develop teachers particularly for ECTs.
• A vibrant programme of extra-curricular activities, which broaden the experience of our students.
• A caring ethos with strong international links and a commitment to actively supporting global charity and fundraising projects.
Cardinal Newman is a highly successful 11-18 Catholic comprehensive school set in 37 acre grounds in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity to help lead the school and make a significant contribution to the future success of the school. We are located within easy access of all areas of Coventry and commutable from surrounding areas such as Birmingham, Solihull, Leamington Spa and Sutton Coldfield.
Further details about the post and an application pack are available from the school website. Previous applicants need not apply.
Application form is available to download and completed application forms should be sent to Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 3 October 2023 at 9.00am
Interview dates: Thursday 5 October 2023.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy should we receive an overwhelming number of applications before the closing date.
As part of our strong commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 (KCSIE), online searches will be undertaken for prospective shortlisted candidates.