Teaching Assistant Higher Level/Senior Support Staff - Castle Wood School
This job has been closed.
What is the job role?
Come and join our dedicated team at Castle Wood, a vibrant, innovative broad spectrum special needs school for children aged 3 to 11. We have received two successive outstanding Ofsted judgements and have been praised for our use of Early Years practice and principles throughout our school. We are looking for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant / Senior Support Staff to provide PPA cover across the school. You will need to lead the class while the Teacher has their PPA time. You will be flexible and willing to work in any class and with a range of children with special needs. Our vision is ‘Together children first…’ and we need an experienced Teaching Assistant with the professional behaviours of initiative, commitment, dedication, a sense of fun and the ability to lead a team. Knowledge and experience of Early Years practice and principles would be preferred as this underpins all teaching and learning in our school from age 3 to 11.
We are looking for a person with:
- An excellent general education
- GCSE Maths and English A-C or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- The ability to work as part of a team
- A commitment to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
- Personal skills and qualities required to form positive relationships with children, parents and carers
- High aspirations for their pupils and themselves
- A good knowledge of the EYFS would be an advantage but a willingness to learn and embrace its practice and principles is essential
- Previous experience of working in a special school would be advantageous but not essential
We will offer:
- Fabulous, warm and enthusiastic children
- A happy school with a welcoming and supportive team
- Personalised continuing professional learning
- Opportunities to work with experts from a range of disciplines
- Supportive governors and parents.
35 hours per week, term time only – 39 weeks (includes 5 teacher training days)
12 months fixed term contract (1st September 2020 – August 2021)
Grade 5 pro rata dependent on experience
Application packs are available to download below or by clicking Apply which will take you to the Council Career Site. Please return your application direct to the school – email@example.com
Given the current pandemic we are unfortunately unable to offer tours of the school. In your application form please detail the skills, knowledge and expertise which are required to become a successful Teaching Assistant and why you wish to work in a Special school in particular.
Closing date: Thursday 9th July 2020
Interview date: Week commencing 13th July 2020
Unfortunately, due to the extremely high number of applications expected, we are unable to respond to each individual. If you have not heard by 27th July 2020 then your application has been unsuccessful at this time. Previous applicants need not reapply.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.